AKC Sportsmanship Award
Criteria for Eligibility
- Must be a member in Good Standing (all debts to club paid and dues paid) for at least two (2) successive years.
- Must attend 60% of the meetings to conduct business of the club.
- Must actively support the Club's mission during that time.
- Must participate in club activities to promote the Club and the AKC purebred programs.
- Must be friendly and helpful to other club members (old and new) and visitors.
- Must exhibit Good Sportsmanship inside and outside the rings when competing and does not exhibit negative actions toward other exhibitors or judges.
- Must promoteopi9 the Club conformation and Obedience shows:
- (a) Assists in setting up for the show and/or dismantling after the show.
- (b) Assists during the show where needed (if available).
- Recipient is not eligible if he/she has received the award within the last five (5) years.
- Recipient must adhere to the HPKC Code of Ethics.
- Membership submits a letter of recommendation for recipient(s) to committee for consideration to be received no later than sixty (60) days prior to the Fall show (June meeting).
- Committee reviews all letters received and solicits input from Club officers.
- Recipient will be determined by committee and the name of the recipient will be held in secret until the award is presented at the Fall show. If there are no eligible deserving candidates, the committee may choose not to make an award during a given year, however notification must be made to the Show Chairman at least thirty (30) days prior to the event. The chairman of the committee will have the recipients name engraved on the medallion prior to the Fall Show.
- AKC Rep or local VIP will be requested to make the award in the ring before Best in Show is judged. A picture of the person awarding the recipient will be taken for posting on the Club website and scrapbook.
- Local news venues will be made aware of the presentation.
- Recipient will be listed on the AKC website